Friday, June 21, 2013

Skool Y'all

Ethan misses school. 

Like a LOT.

It is sort of heartbreaking.  Every single day he asks if we get to go to school and see his friends.  I give him the same speech.  Emphasizing that school is on vacation and NO ONE is there.  No friends, no teachers . . . the lights are out and it is dark.  He doesn't buy it.  He thinks everyone is there having fun without him.

Now, his preschool is located at a gymnastics facility.  I *COULD* take him to the Open Gym and visit the gymnastics side but I'm worried he will get confused or upset and want to go the school side.  On the other hand, I'm thinking if I show up at the school side and it is empty and dark maybe it will sink in. 

We did happen to run into a mom from school (one of his "official" posse' buddies) and we exchanged email addresses.  Then I emailed the mom's of 3 particular boys that he misses the most to set up a play date.  And I waited . . . and waited . . . and no replies as of yet.  I'll admit I was bummed.  Plus, now we have the Playset O' Awesomeness so his friends can be wild hooligans outside and no one is coming.  Ethan doesn't understand the concept of "waiting for mom's to get back to me."

:( 

He did it again tonight.  Trying to get him to go to bed and he is begging for his friends to come over.

This is one of those rare times that I "miss" living in suburbia - a neighborhood where you are cheek by jowl with neighbors and the kids play in the streets and all run around together.  *sigh*

I really hope at least ONE of those moms gets back to me soon!  My poor socially deprived child. 
We've been on THREE play dates this week but it doesn't matter because . . . no skool ya'll.


No comments:

Post a Comment