Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Onward . . .

Within 48 hours all is back to "normal" in our household.  Children are sleeping through the night and I'm working on getting some more sleep as well.  No more fevers and sort of less whining.  I think it is doubly hard when Toby is off his game because he is such a trooper and generally a super easy going fellah.  He has his opinions and his needs, but he is pretty chill about this whole thing called Life.  But BAM, take away a full nights sleep and that kid loses his frickin' mind. 

I finally cooked tonight - I had stopped for a week while dealing with feeling like poo (unrelated to the kid plague) and sick childrenz.  Anyway - TABOULI AND GREEK BURGERS WHAT?!!  Yea they were nummy.  *flex*

Next week will be "exciting."  The play gym of awesomeness is being assembled: 
  

I am fairly certain Ethan is going to lose his mind once it is up.  I might as well.  I mean . . . LOOK AT IT!  We also have Ethan's first dentist appointment as well as a slew of upcoming "play dates" with the MOMs Club of Burlington.  I'm going to resume trying to set up a play date with kids from preschool as well.  Maybe I'll even host one because I'll have the AWESOME-EST play set EVAR!  Okay, I'll stop with the caps lock.

Also, I'm not sure how it happened but Toby's party is in 3 weeks and I'm ill prepared.  Mostly for the fact that my baby is turning one but also because I still need to figure out at least a few decorations.  I know, I know, first birthday parties are only for the parents.  And the theme totally panders to me (Totoro anyone?) but still . . .  Oh hey, I did order matching T-Shirts for myself and the boys!  Matt won't participate in such shenanigans but I'm pretty sure I can hog tie him down for a photo or two.  Speaking of which, did I mention I have the boy's professional photos coming up mid-July?!  I am stoked.  

Also, I need to take photos of the boys new quilts that their Auntie Sarah frickin' hand-stitched for them!  They are gorgeous and seriously mindblowingly professional looking.  You rock Auntie Sarah!

P.S.  Today was my dad's birthday.  I miss him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment