Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All of a sudden . . .

All of a sudden (but not really) I don't want Toby to grow up.  Like, at all.  EVAR.

:(

Meh.

Turning one years young?  How has he been around for almost a whole YEAR.  It feels like it hasn't even been a week.  And yet, that same amount of time spent with his 3 year old brother has felt like eleventy billion years because . . . you know.  3.  UGH.

I look at his little face.  The games he likes to play.  Throw DIS!  Mommy picks it up.  Laugh hysterically.  Throw DAT!  Mommy rolls it back.  Laugh hysterically.  All the funny faces and the noises and that he does everything with conviction!

He is so verbal . . . his "words" are precious and repeated.  He knows his Dad.  He knows me as The Milkbar.  But I know I'll get a name eventually.  I am usually trumped by a cat or a brother, but he knows I'm here.

He isn't walking.  I'm so okay with this.  He tries, but then lowers himself to the ground and zooooooooms off at his break neck crawling speed.  He put everything into his mouth.  I catch most of it at one end or the other (cue the ewwwwwww noises.)

He is incredibly social (yup I got another one!)  Not a hugger or a snuggler but he knows where I am when he needs me.

He is growing up too fast right now.  But it will be fun to look back when he is 3 and time has slowed down to the speed of molasses in Sibera . . . and remember how much I tried to warn him not to grow up.  Stay my baby forevahhhhhhhhh.

Just a few days old . . .

9 1/2 months old!


NEXT THING YOU KNOW HE WILL BE DRIVING OFF TO COLLEGE!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment