Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Brudders . . .

I am not naive.  I know there will be times of strife with my two boys.  Their squibbles and squabbles will evolve with hormones and social pressures . . . but for right now they are pretty darned sweet with one another.

Ethan is a pretty awesome big brother.  He has his moments where he doesn't want Toby to touch/do/look at something.  But pshhhhh he is 3 . . . he does that with ME.  He has times where he pushes or gets too physical with Toby but I'm pretty sure that Toby will be bigger than him at some point and Karma is a bitch.  But mostly, he just plain LOVES Toby.  With that pure love that only a toddler can express.  His excitement when Toby gets up from a nap, his concern when we go some place with out him.  His ability to entertain Toby when he is fussy and also "watch" him while mommy takes bathroom breaks. 

Toby is enamored with pretty much everything Ethan says/does/plays with at this point.  All those awesome non-toxic wood developmental toys that Ethan loved?  Toby hasn't even given them a second glance.  It is all about the race cars and toy dinosaurs and sea creatures and oh . . . I give up.  I think I'm selling/donating all the baby toys anyway *sad sigh*

Even though when I found out I was pregnant for a second time there was a fleeting "girl" thought in there, I think we all knew I would be having a boy.  It was what we had wanted.  Two boys.  I had hoped one of them would be a momma's boy but nope.  They both love their daddy with a burning bright light.  I'm okay, of course.  Mom is always here.  But I'm frequently trumped by cats, dogs, daddy, TV, anything else more interesting than the squawking creature that is all like, "Rules and Manners and shit."  They will appreciate me later, right?

Anyway, for the brudders . . . may you guys always have the other one's back, never fight over a girl and always respect your parents.  Love you guys so so so berry much. 

Kiss for the brand new Toby Wee.
Uncle Addy comes to visit the new wee . . .
7 1/2 weeks and 2 1/2 years (respectively.)
Story telling
Merry Christmas!  We just moved!
Helping mommy with laundry







No comments:

Post a Comment