Friday, July 26, 2013

Vicariously . . .

Tis the season for vacationing. 

Except we haven't really and truly vacationed since our honeymoon.  It has been for the most part a strictly financial barrier that keeps us from traveling.  Then we had a farm, now we have young kids and incredibly high maintenance dogs.  I could just fill a laundry basket with cat food and put out like 10 bowls of water and the cats would be good for a week (might have to buy a few more litter boxes though . . . blarghitygrossjen!)

I have quite a few friends, near and far that are currently vacationing or have vacationed or are going to and talk about it quite often.

So, I will live vicariously through all of you.  Keep the details and pictures coming because I'm mentally photo shopping myself and my family into your vacations.

I know that in a handful of years we will have two potty trained, fully functioning and rowdy boys that are pining for adventure and then Matt and I can take off with them in tow and I will take a zillion pictures and then YOU all can be green with envy.

Until then, keep the pictures coming but don't you dare complain about one aspect of your vacation because at least YOU GET ONE!  (I'm not being mean or really truthful, you can complain but just do it in a tiny mouse voice so that it takes the edge off things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment