Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Clusterduck

Okay, so there is this situation going on.

Behind closed doors I'm being stalked.  By . . .  laundry. 

Even with a one load a day rule (which I don't follow) it seems I have failed completely in the laundry department.  I took a picture today.  It is graphic, I warn you to look away if you are squeamish!  You've been warned!



THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR 3 YEAR OLD IS HOME FROM SCHOOL 
AND YOUR 1 YEAR OLD IS CUTTING 4 MOLARS AT ONCE:



Now, as you can see I've taken the bull by the horns and sorted the overwhelming amount of laundry to better get a grasp on the magnitude of this situation.  Clue:  MASSIVE LAUNDRY OVERLOAD.

I'm not thinking I'll ever "catch up" per se.  But still.  This is ridiculous. 

I have to confess.  I don't mind doing laundry, I LOVE folding laundry (but hate matching socks) however, putting it away is where I falter.  I loathe putting clothes away.  Not sure why.  Oh, and carting the baskets up the stairs.  I don't like that either. 

I tried putting out a bowl of milk for the brownies but I don't think they like 1%.  Maybe I'll have to buy some more cream.  Then maybe they will come help me . . .


In other news . . .

I have now officially lived in this home for 7 1/2 months and yet we have a secret. 

THIS


Room of Doom.  AKA my office.  An official clusterduck (replace the "d" with an "f" and you are closer to the truth.)  At the end of the world where the custodians sweep off the edge, it all collects in this room. 

I have an organizer coming in September so hopefully will have this room cleared, the nasty carpet replaced and only the "important" things put back in by then.  Wish me luck (heh!)  I know.  I'm thinking I won't make it either.

Or I could just take the sage advice of Sam and Dean Winchester . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment