Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hung over

I feel hung over.

Ironically enough I did have a dream that Matt and I went out drinking last night (?!)  Yea, weird one.  But, Matt and I DO get to go out to dinner this upcoming Saturday just the two of us.  Yes.  Just. The TWO of us.  It will be the first time we are going to out to dinner sans kids or me being pregnant in 3 years!!  Family will, of course, be stepping in to help . . . bless them!  It is actually in celebration of our upcoming anniversary.  To which I have done no planning and have no present yet (BAD WIFE.)  On July 16th, we will celebrate 8 years of marriage and 14 years of togetherness AND now two toddlers.  Well almost toddlers.  Oh gosh!  I just remembered another part of my dream.  Toby just stood up and started running around the house.  Yes, he is that close and NO I don't want him to walk yet (BAD MOMMY.)

So, yea.  Hung over.  I think a lot of it is hormonal.  Not to get TMI on ya'll but my body is a bit messed up right now.  Instead of a normal womanly er . . . cycle, she is stuck on repeat.  I think also I function at a level of high stress, survival mode energy and then just crash.

I've crashed.

I feel like I've been hit by a bus despite going to the chiropractor.  I know I'm not getting sick but I feel achy.  It will pass.  But I haven't been as prolific with writing lately and I'm very close to finishing my first book.  Like, I'm writing the last chapter close.

Ethan is going into summer camp 2 weeks early (NEXT MONDAY WOOT) so I'm hoping I can put my productivity hat on and really get the house shaped up then.

I noticed though, that when I get in these moods I really lose touch with the world.  If I don't have a to-do list I forget pretty much everything going on outside the house.  I know I'm reemerging when I sit down and email the people I need to follow up with regarding a play date, do a spit thingie for my doctor (to check my cortisol levels) and update my blog.  See?  I'm reemerging.

But I seriously feel hungover.  And also my brain is all over the place.  Can you tell?  I mean, how disjointed can a blog post . . . SQUIRREL!

No comments:

Post a Comment