Monday, August 19, 2013

Bye Bye Baby

I haven't written about this yet.  Except to make abject statements of denial on Facebook but . . .

Toby is walking.

Truly walking.

He started about 3ish weeks ago with a few steps here and there.  During the Family Shuffle of 2013 in which Maine, Vermont and Florida were all traveled through/in/stayed at for various time periods for various reasons (some incredibly tragic and some starting sad and getting better,) he improved.  While at my dad's house in Florida, where he was recuperating, Toby took 6 steps . . . then more. 

Every time I see his little body just STANDING THERE it trips me out.

I have a few bad videos of him walking.  I never seem to grab the iPad in time.  I should put one up on here but really . . . I think I'm still in denial.  His little chubby feet shouldn't be able to balance, those wee chubby knees and that little body . . . nuh uh.

My last baby is now walking.  And he is always walking away from me.  He thrusts out his little wee chest and his happy feet just pitter patter away.  Ugh.  Heart.  Ache.

At least he is still nursing like a champ.  I can't begin to imagine how I will feel once he undertakes that "milestone."  (insert dagger in heart.)

3 comments:

  1. So thrilling but bittersweet to see them grow. Yay Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yeah, that was the wrong sign in!

    <3 Pepper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Faith, I was like . . . uh who? By the way I LOVE your new blog!!!

      Delete