Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Juxtaposition

So, in the past month, I've been blessed with two visitors.  My dear friend Charity swooped in for a 4 day whirlwind visit and it was awesome.  Now, my momma is here.  She has less than a week left in her visit and I'm finding that I don't want her to go.  I think having her here right now has been a life saver.  Not only is my "fairy" doing my laundry, dishes and cat boxes . . . on top of wrangling children, but she has given me the confidence to muck out my Room of Doom. Hopefully, when she leaves I will be more caught up . . . if nothing else having this support right now has been a balm to my nerves.

But in another realm, this past month has been devastatingly eye opening.  My dad is very, very sick.  Knowing that people don't live forever and being faced with said mortality are two very different beasts.  As my sisters and I deal with the reality of the situation our physical distance from one another feels razor sharp.  I'm doing what I can from thousands of miles away but Christmas plans are on hold (after they were completely dashed not too long ago) and I'm torn between wanting to enjoy my time with my momma and running back down to Florida to see my dad.

This time that my mom is experiencing in my "zone" with my precious boys is once in a lifetime.  Toby is growing so fast.  Every day it seems to be a new word or "trick."  Ethan is an amazing little boy . . . so full of questions it can be mind boggling. 

I have planned Ethan's birthday party for December 1st (his actual birthday) but haven't sent out the invites or even started planning it yet . . . STRESSOMGSTRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I'll get there.  I will get invites out this week (yes I will . . . somehow) and then I will figure out a menu and hopefully get it all done before the birthday!!

So many things, my head is spinning.  So many emotions . . . so much to be thankful for right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment