Monday, July 14, 2014

YARRRR (take 2)

Maybe it is the OCD part of me, but having consistent and recurring events to attend appeals to me.  Reality kicks in though when you are wrassling (RAS-ling) an almost 2 year old and a 4 1/2 year old.  And while Ethan has moments of brilliant cooperation and helpfulness . . . well . . . toddler-hood is more like a roller coaster than a stroll in the park.

Ahem.

We ventured to Vergennes (AGAIN!!) for the annual Pirate Festival!  We actually had a great time - although I suspect that next year they will have even MORE fun.  A lot of the activities are definitely geared more toward older (more compliant) children but I think just the concept really gets my rascals fired up.  I was predictably run ragged chasing, cajoling, snuggling and placating.  But that was my job.  Memory making is hard business on the parents - all fun for the kids.  Just the way it SHOULD be (although please tell me it gets a *smidge* easier?)

Just as we entered we encountered . . .  THE KRAKEN!!!!

Toby was unsure what to make of this beast.
Ethan; however, wanted to be friends.
But then proceeded to shoot balls into its mouth.
There were a lot of great games for younger kids.
Although Toby seemed a bit overwhelmed by it all!
Ethan introduced himself to all the pirates.

Toby running after big brudder.
Stepping onto the dock!
Cheeeeese.     
Alllllll aboard!
Ethan received instruction on manning the wheel!  He was a natural ;)
Learning all about how they loaded heavy cargo and stones onto the ships.
Toby was not impressed.
Nope, not at all.

Pirate's booty!
D'awwww.
Decorating his "Pirate's Chest!"
Continues to be unimpressed.
But he did find me a sequin!  Wooohooo!
Almost all done!  A master of glue . . .
100% done by Ethan :)
Posing with the Jolly Roger!
Ambidextrous coloring.  Kid got skillz!
Snack time and showing off his pirate's friend the parrot (or Macaw.)
Couldn't leave out Rockin' Ron the Friendly Pirate now could we?  Ethan sat enthralled the whole show.  Toby?  Well, I got my aerobic exercise chasing the lil' bugger.  Wily like a true pirate.


No comments:

Post a Comment