Monday, July 14, 2014

Expectation vs. Reality

(This post somehow got "lost" and I just found it - a mystery to me!)

I had this dream.  A dream of taking both of the boys "somewhere" and having fun.  What I mean by fun is "Mommy can have FUN as well."  The boys have fun where ever we go - mainly because I'm an endless goofball and persevere Griswold style (You know, "WE WILL HAVE FUN.")  Yes, I do this in the grocery store as well.

Or Lowe's . . . . and try to take horrible pictures of my boys being cute.  Why can't they smile at the same time UGH.



It goes without saying that I should lower my expectations but honestly there are times that they trick me with their awesomeness.  And, let's be honest, my boys are seriously awesome.  But they are ALSO incredibly full of energy and too smart for their own good!  Oh, and stubborn.  No clue where all of THAT came from . . . *ahem ME ahem*

We have already missed some events this year that I wanted to make an "annual" thing.  Part of me is disappointed but a larger and louder part of myself assures my future self that next year will be even better!  No stroller!  No diapers!  More verbal communication from Tobias Rex!  And shinier with more colors and . . .  wait.  Yea, well, a girl can dream.  Most of those will totes come true.  Riiiiight?!

Expectation of a day at the beach?  Well, it was actually more guarded than reality!  The boys had a WONDERFUL time (thanks mostly to the awesome Demers clan - whom enabled me to enjoy some of the trip and also go paddleboarding!)


This weekend is the Pirate Festival.  Ethan is incredibly excited so hopefully all will go well!  Wish me luck!  YAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment