Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Well . . . 2014 you suck so far . . .

I had high hopes for 2014 but so far we've all just been horribly sick!  I caught the flu for the first time in my recent memory and the kids are persisting with fevers, coughing and runny noses.  The fatigue is killing me.  I have no voice and I've taken to eating chocolate to keep my sanity.  This has worked, although any thoughts of eating "better" have gone out the window.

Toby has taught himself how to climb the stairs and can do it in a blink (seriously, I am switching to adult diapers - the shit that goes down while I'm in the bathroom . . .)  So I've put up new gates and done a few other Toby proofing things.  Hopefully I can keep him safer without wrapping him in bubble wrap!!!  Oh, I don't think I mentioned that he took one final swan dive out of his crib (he stuck the first landing - not the second) and so now he is in an official "toddler bed."  It has made nap striking . . . interesting.  Ugh.  But there is nothing cuter than watching him climb into his own bed and curl up with his Bunny when he is tired . . . cooooo.

Poor Ethan has felt so punk lately.  Ironically both boys had doctor's appointments this week for vaccinations.  I flat out canceled Toby's appointment but with Ethan's persistent fever I suspect an ear infection.  We'll see tomorrow.

Also, after this sickness has abated I'm turning off the TV for good.  I fear I hear Ethan's brain sizzling from all the TV he has watched in the past week.  But he has no energy for much else and even Toby is placated if it is Bubble Guppies or the like. 

Although, I doubt I will ever get the theme song for Phinneas & Ferb out of my head . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment