Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shelburne Farms!

The last time Ethan and I ventured to Shelburne Farms it was for Winterfest and it was -8 degrees (that is not a typo.)  This time I met with a few other moms and their rambunctious creatures with both boys in tow.  While it is a bit pricey for an every week adventure, we will definitely be going back.  Next time I'll bring more of that green stuff so I can buy goodies in the bakery.  And while I did bring my "good camera" along for this trip, for some reason I neglected to use the flash in critical areas so I apologize for the picture quality!  (P.S. It might have had something to do with chasing two boys who were constantly running in opposite directions . . . maybe.)

Warning . . . super picture heavy post.
It was a bit of a blustery day with a spitspot of rain here and there  . . .
We rode the tractor wagon over to the main barn area which, of course, was a highlight!
Toby in the backpack!
Animals over yonder . . .
Yay!  A Swiss Brown Cow named Starlight.  (Stay tuned - Ethan gets to milk her later!)

On the loose . . .
Goat Kiss
Toby was entranced by all the animals.
This fuzzy sheep had a one track mind.
Play area specifically for kids.  Ethan took off to play with all the tractors while Toby took off after all the animals . . . in the other direction!

I wanna squeesh tha sheepz.
The Chicken Room.
Toby loved the chickens, almost as much as Ethan did!
Definitely interested and possibly impressed.
Ethan's free range chicken friend.
She was a rather patient chicken.
Toby was not so sure about the free range chickens.  He preferred to keep his distance.
Maybe I should try to pet it?  Nawwww.
Oh dis one looks more my size!
Ethan's collection of chicken and turkey feathers!  Proud momma!
Two bunnies!  (they are in there somewhere . . . I swear.)
We now stop for a moment to look at some curls . . .
And a cute face . . .
Technically all the chickens had the ability to free range.  This ramp led into that awesome chicken room pictured above.
Tractor Sandbox!
Guess what Toby found?  (If you guessed poop you were right.)
Back inside to milk Starlight!
He had an excellent instructor.
Ready to go solo!  Hit the bucket dude!
That's my boy!  (I also milked her because, you know, why not?)
One of the two calves next to Starlight.  While not hers, they did benefit from her milk.  And they were mighty adorable.
Lovey wee cow.  She wanted to eat Ethan's shirt and lick his face off.  I wanted to bring her home.
Calf love!
GOATS!
A disgruntled alpaca.
Another alpaca, they must have had an argument earlier.
A ridiculously photogenic goat.
A ridiculously photogenic boy.
Brushing a goat!  (No he didn't get to milk her although I sure hope SOMEONE did after we finished brushing her!)
Toby absolutely loved this goat.  He petted and oohed and ahhed at her for quite some time.
Helping brudder brush the goat.
Can I keep her?  (P.S.  It was windy.)
One of those "should have used the flash moments" but regardless . . . tractor driving!!!
Not pictured:  The pigs, donkeys, turkey and lawn sculptures because there were already too many pictures my goodness!

Suffice it to say . . . a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment