Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The "I'm Still Alive" roundup!

The month of December has been a bit rough thus far.  Hence the silence on my part . . . not wanting to be Debbie Downer.  So instead I remained silent.  Through sickness and disappointment we arrive a week before Christmas ill prepared.  But, I have a tree up!!!  Woot!  In a very un-Jennifer-like move it is a fake tree.  There are many reasons for this . . .

- Toby (18 month old)

-  Baxter Rufus (Brother FourPaws the rowdy Maine Coon)

-  THE MESS

Maybe in a few years when I don't feel like I'm constantly drowning and being resuscitated weekly then we'll get a real (and gorgeous) tree.  But this'll do for now. 

Luka Grizzlefrizz is not doing well, I guess cancer sort of does that to cats and others similarly afflicted.  I was hoping he would perk up before the holidays but he just seems worse by the day.  I can't adequately describe how deeply this pains and affects me and I'm loathe to say goodbye.  It is one of our greatest burdens as caretakers of furry children to have to make a decision at the end of their lives. 

Ethan is amazing - bright and talkative and astoundingly astute.  I love these sponge years and hope that I am doing him justice.  I hear tell from my sister-in-law that he is about to get spoiled mercilessly this Christmas and I'm hoping he doesn't let it go to his head!

Toby weaned himself.  BOOM.  Just. Like. That.  Cold frickin' turkey.  It was amidst a stomach plague that descended upon us and the whole week was quite nightmarish.  On top of the emotional blow, I'm battling some pretty heinous clogs that are quite tenacious.  I have ordered some No More Milk tea and so hopefully that will help me dry up.  As far as my fears for soothing him?  Unfounded.  He goes down just as well without nursing (*sniff sniff*) and doesn't seem to miss it in the least.  I'm fairly certain it still hasn't sunk in for me!

I have so many pictures just chilling on my camera, I vow to upload them and share them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment